Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Apple Of My Eye

I've had Root Beer, Ginger Beer, Real Beer and now I can add Apple Beer to the list of drinks I have willingly consumed and would consume again! This bubbly beverage was delightful, to say the least. It is decidedly an apple drink and has a refreshing taste. This Soda actually has a bubbly, white wine coloured head to it when poured into your favourite Soda glass. The apple scent it gives off is a nice prelude for what comes next.

The carbonation imparts a bubbly mouthfeel that serves to enhance the Cane Sugar and apple flavour. The taste of sweet, Delicious apples permeates every mouthful of this Soda and makes it a joy to drink. Using Cane Sugar on top of the fruitiness is genius, the combination of the two give it a unique punch that takes this beverage over the top.

As for the ingredients, they just don't get any simpler or to the point. Apple Beer is a prime example of a product which knows the rule of keeping it simple.

Apple Beer is a Soda I will gladly look forward to purchasing again! Yummy stuff!

Take some time to peruse their website, too as they offer up recipes which utilise their product. Now that's versatility!

Ingredients:
Carbonated Water
Pure Cane Sugar
Citric Acids
Natural Flavors
Vitamin C

Apple Beer gets a bubbling 8/10!


Technorati Tags:
, ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a boy, about 9 or 10, I remember drinking a soda called apple beer, I knew it coudd not have been real beer, because my older brother let me pick it out, and the clerk sold it to me. That was around 1975. I have not seen any apple beer since then in any store. I have no clue where to get it.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The company that makes Apple Beer the soda is in Utah! They have changed the can design since 1975.
Back then it came in a half white and half black can.Those old cans are going for like $10 each on Ebay.There are pictures of all the old can designs on the companies website.
Now Apple Beer comes in a black, red and white can with a a big red apple.If you ask me that was a bad business move!

If you live on the East Coast your best bet is to go to Company's website and order it directly or inquirer if it's being sold in your city at

www.applebeer.com

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember buying a product called Apple Beer in 7-11's in Florida back in the late 70's and maybe into the early 80's as well. It said it was a product of The Southland Corp which owned 7-11 at the time (Maybe still does) but this stuff disappeared long ago.

Does anyone know if this is possibly the same product only it was bottle for Southland/7-11 all those years ago and cam in a different can?

I will have to dig this up and try it.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Apple Slice. Does anyone remember Apple Slice soda?

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home