Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sierra Mist Getting A Makeover

Here's some good news on the Soda front. Sierra Mist is getting a complete makeover and they're going to ditch HFCS entirely. Sugar will now be their go to sweetener in the Lemon-Lime Soda. Sweet! I happen to like a Sierra Mist every now and again and can't imagine that this will be anything but a significant improvement. Way to go PepsiCo!
PepsiCo is eliminating Sierra Mist in favor of Sierra Mist Natural, which is sweetened with sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup. The move, which has been in the works for about 18 months, is two-fold. Research showed that brand loyalty in the lemon-lime category is lower than it is in the cola category. And the natural food and beverage category is exploding.

Can't wait to see this hit the shelves. Now, if they'd just put it in glass bottles....

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Brittany said...

Finally!!! Back to REAL sugar and not the cancer causing HFCS that's causing our kids to become obese.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are they thinking! It no longer tastes like Sierra Mist and has a bit of a diet taste to it. I was a huge Sierra Mist fan but will be changing brands now that it tastes like crap. I hope PepsiCo knows what they are doing because they will be losing a lot of customers. I agree that there should be a healthier choice but to totally rule out the original is wrong. Once you take the options out of the customers hands it becomes a battle of wills. I don't know about everyone else but I hate to be told what to do and it feels like that is exactly what PepsiCo is doing. If PepsiCo is saying to deal with the new Sierra Mist Natural or don't drink it at all then I will have to go with the second option. Sorry PepsiCo but I really think you messed this one up.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous dining room table said...

I think the changes are not really great. Some said they basically taste different and some also said that it is a whole new one.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,
I really can identify with frustration with our favorite sodas changing constantly. I think that Pepsi should just do it right and stop wasting time but I really don't see the point in engaging in all of these changes in soda products. I suggest people buy sodastream instead. It really is convenient and gives me the freedom to concoct my soda to my preferences.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

more companies should switch to sugar as a sweetener. It just tastes better. You can tell.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home