Saturday, May 30, 2015

South Of The Border With Fanta

I finally ran across a bottle of Soda that I've been wanting to try for some time now. While out at my local pizza parlour I came across a bottle of Mexican Fanta Pineapple and brought it home. I've heard many people sing its praises over the years and now I've got the opportunity to see if all the hype is warranted. I like many fruit flavoured Sodas that are out there and I like pineapple, so I am hoping for the best with this one.
   The colour is very yellow, and reminds you of golden pineapple. Unlike most American Sodas, this bottle does not have a twist off cap. A church key is a necessity. The Soda is nicely effervescent and has a light pineapple scent to it. It has a nice carbonation and a good mouth feel to it. There's also a nice citrus bite with this one. The Soda is not overly sweet and the flavour is light and not in your face. It doesn't stand out like some Sodas would. There is a nice pineapple aftertaste, though that makes up for the lack of initial flavour hit. All in all a pleasingly refreshing drink. I'd have it again. It's a nice change from run of the mill fruit Sodas and the sometimes over-flavoured Fanta offerings in the Coke Freestyle machines. Our neighbours to the south did a good job with this one. I did have some worries about the ingredients list, but this is still a pretty good Soda, despite the chemistry involved in its making.


Ingredients:

Carbonated Water
Sugar
Citric Acid
Artificial and Natural Flavors
Sodium Benzoate
Modified Food Starch
Sodium Hexametaphosphate
Coconut Oil
Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate
Yellow 5
Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate
Yellow 6

Mexican Fanta Pineapple gets a 7 out of 10.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Runnin 4 Sweets Rexburg said...

It is interesting to see that some of the sodas that are produced South of the Border do have a different taste and feel to them. I have tried the pineapple Fanta and I love it! I think you hit it right on the head when you said it is a refreshing pineapple flavor. Its a good soda to have a taco with.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home